Take a look at the title of this blog and you will see that is a bit on the long side. We are not going to be able to fit all of that information in our intro. We decided to go with a title that focused on the top five universal remotes for Verizon Fios.
The reason we picked this is that, while we are going to be able to give you information on all of the remotes we review, we want to focus on the top Remotes for Fios in 2019 & 2022. (We will give our forecast for the top 5 remotes for Fios in 2022)
When it comes to remote controls for your home’s entertainment system, a good universal remote can be worth the investment. Some offer more features than others, but these five options include all the essential features of a good universal remote.
The sheer number of connected devices is growing every day, and you can bet that your next TV, smartphone, and other home automation devices will be connected and communicate with each other.
The problem is that most of these devices are designed to work with specific brands and models, so the process of deciding which universal remote to use can be a sticky one.
As an Amazon Associate, I get a commission on eligible purchases. Find out more.
Logitech has announced that it would no longer produce new Harmony remote controls. The business claims, however, that it will sell off current inventory and continue to serve consumers in the future. Find out more.
I’m pleased to offer you the lowdown on the five finest universal remotes for Verizon Fios available right now in this review.
I’ll provide a quick rundown of each of my choices, as well as their benefits and drawbacks.
Here are the five best universal remotes for Verizon Fios, without further ado:
My Top 5 Picks for Universal Remotes for Verizon Fios
Gone are the days when you needed a slew of remote controls to control every appliance in the home. However, you may need a particular kind of universal remote at times, or you may prefer to utilize a smartphone app.
So, if you’re searching for one that works with Verizon Fios, here’s a list of the best and brightest in the industry.
Let’s take a deeper look at my top five picks for the finest Verizon Fios universal remotes right now.
MX-990 IR/RF Remote with Color LCD Screen, #1 – Premium Pick
This gem, the MX-990 universal remote, is number one on my list of the finest universal remotes for Verizon Fios.
Because the Harmony series is being phased out and availability is limited, my first pick is the best universal remote you can purchase right now. However, I’ll be up forward about the cost. This is one of the more costly choices among my suggestions, but for all the right reasons.
You can control all of your gadgets, including your Verizon Fios and others that can be linked through infrared, with one remote, eliminating the need for any additional remotes in your home (IR). You may use the IR frequency to operate your TV, streaming devices, and AV components like your soundbar, receiver, and streamers.
This remote not only features well-placed buttons that make it simple to use, but it also includes a clear 2.4″ color LED display that can accommodate up to 8 buttons on the screen, giving you a lot of choices and control over your devices.
- 2.32″ W x 8.98″ H x.87″ D Product Dimensions
- With battery, the item weighs 6.21 oz.
- 2.4-inch LCD color screen
- Pick Up Sensor: When the gadget is raised, it turns on and saves the battery.
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and infrared connectivity
- Timers: To plan events and conserve energy, use event and sleep timers.
- Description of the battery: 1 lithium-polymer battery
- 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 (included)
- 2.4″ color LCD – each panel may show up to eight buttons
- Controls IR devices in a single room in a one-way manner.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- You don’t have to be in the same room or even close to operate AV equipment when you connect them via walls.
- Expensive – but for the right individual, it may save them a lot of money and provide them the best home control experience possible.
- It does not come with programming software; you must get it from an authorized software vendor who will install it for you.
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / Last update on 2022-07-29 at 12:53 /
#2 – The Fire TV Cube with Alexa has the best voice control.
This is the quickest Fire TV streaming device, according to Amazon, and it lives up to the hype. It’s Alexa-enabled and works across the room as well. It also works with A/V receivers and soundbars, as well as cable and satellite television. Using Amazon’s slick new Fire TV interface, the Fire TV Cube offers you access to 4K HD video with Dolby Vision.
That’s not all: the Cube offers you access to dozens of streaming services, games, sports events, unique content, and so much more. Whether you want to watch Netflix or HBO Max, you can do it today with ease. It also works well with Verizon Fios, allowing you to manage your cable TV via the Cube.
It also has built-in privacy settings, which means the mic can be turned off and peeping toms are no longer an issue.
Related: What Is the Best Fios Harmony Remote?
- 3.38 x 3.38 x 3.02 inches in size
- 16.4 ounces in weight
- Hexa-core (Quad-core up to 2.2 GHz + Dual-core up to 1.9 GHz) processor
- 16 GB of internal storage
- 2 GB of memory
- Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi connectivity For quicker streaming, use Wi-Fi (MIMO).
- Bluetooth 5.0 Plus Low Energy (BLE) connectivity
- Bluetooth speakers, game controllers, and headphones are all compatible.
- IR-enabled equipment such as TVs, cable boxes, satellite boxes, A/V receivers, and soundbars are compatible with voice control.
- Free cloud storage for digital material purchased from Amazon.
- HDMI, micro-USB, and wired infrared support
- Included Audio: Alexa has a built-in 1.6-inch speaker.
- It has more storage space than the latest Fire TV devices.
- It has a newer, quicker CPU.
- There are many 4K streaming alternatives available.
- Allows for a fully immersive audio-visual experience.
- There is no HDMI cable included.
- Storage space cannot be increased.
Updated at 10:45 UTC on July 29, 2022 / Amazon Product Advertising API affiliate connections/images
#3 – SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote (Bluetooth/IR Combo)
This is a one-of-a-kind remote control that works with over 500,000 gadgets from thousands of different manufacturers, and the list continues increasing. It also works with Bluetooth and IR-enabled devices such as smart TVs, set-top boxes, projectors, DVD players, and audio/video receivers.
It’s simple to set up and comes with a smartphone app that you can customize. You won’t have to fight to connect a device, and you’ll be able to manage all of the gadgets in the home with just one remote.
It features a brilliant display panel that allows you to easily switch between devices with a simple scroll. There is a motion-activated function on the remote, and the brightness can be adjusted for greater battery life. It also allows you to create unique macros, allowing you to do a variety of tasks with just a single button press.
- 7.7 x 1.9 x 1.2 inches in size
- Product Weight: 5.4 ounces; Package Weight: 10.2 ounces
- Updates to the database make it compatible with the majority of new devices.
- Long-range control: A single handheld remote control may operate devices across the home.
- Fly Wheel with Scrolling: The wheel’s scrolling design makes switching between devices a breeze.
- You may verify the status of each device using an OLED display.
- Multi-device Support: Up to 15 devices may be controlled at once.
- Intuitive App: Includes a tailored app that enables you to DIY set up and connect with only one click.
- Supports IR and Bluetooth: Traditional infrared and Bluetooth 4.0 devices may be connected.
- Buttons with Customizable Functions: Buttons with Customizable Functions may be configured to launch particular devices.
- Different devices may be combined into a single button, making control simpler.
- The learning function and the reassignment of buttons on Bluetooth devices are both unrestricted.
- It has a Bluetooth range of 20 meters and a 10 meter IR range.
- Excellent customer service is included.
- Budget-friendly & cost-effective
- 2 AA batteries are included.
- Because of the many functions it provides, it consumes a lot of battery life.
- Smart home control is limited.
Updated SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote with OLED Display and Smartphone APP, All-in-One Universal Remote Control for up to 15 Entertainment Devices, Compatible with Smart TVs, DVDs, STBs, and Projectors, and more.
- ✅【U1 Universal Remote & Replaces 15 Other Remotes】Our unique remote control support 500,000+ devices from 6000+ brands, the database will update as new devices come out, you don’t need to worry about the newest device doesn’t match. Both compatible both IR and Blutooth, Not support Wireless or Wifi (Such as Ruku Stick). Say goodbye to that jumble of remotes once and for all
- ‘App One-Touch Setup’ is a feature that allows you to set up an app with only one touch. SofaBaton’s smartphone app has one-button settings, so there’s no need to type in a complicated code to connect. Simple control of the whole home with only one remote; get rid of all your complicated remotes and use just one. Compatible with / Ruku/ Kodi and other smart TVs, STBs, projectors, DVD players, AV receivers, and other devices.
- ?【OLED Display & Motion-Activated Function】The bright color OLED screen directly displays the current status and convenient for switching different devices. The motion-activated feature can automatically adjust the remote control brightness and save energy to gain longer battery life. A unique wheel design can easily switch devices just with a simple scroll. You must own this universal U1 remote!!!
Updated at 10:45 UTC on July 29, 2022 / Amazon Product Advertising API affiliate connections / images
Logitech Harmony Companion, #4 – Best All-in-One
This is another another fantastic Logitech device that is Alexa-enabled for voice control. The Harmony Companion is difficult to beat if you want to turn on the TV and manage the lights while watching your favorite movie or TV program.
It comes with a smartphone app that makes controlling all of your home’s automation systems, including the thermostat, a breeze – plus an additional customized remote for each member of your family.
This is an excellent gadget for managing smart home devices and a home entertainment system. It’s even capable of reaching gadgets hidden behind cabinet doors or behind walls. As a result, you’ll be able to utilize it from anywhere in the home. This remote is compatible with Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 game systems.
It’s simple to set up and works with over 270,000 devices, including TVs, satellite and cable boxes, Blu-ray players, and other electronics. Visit Logitech’s Harmony Device Database website to see whether your gadgets are compatible.
Alternatives to Logitech Harmony: 9 of the Best Right Now
- 10 x 5.4 x 3.5 inches in size
- 3.9 ounces in weight
- TVs, streaming players, gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, and other devices are all compatible.
- Bluetooth and infrared technology are used for connectivity.
- Lithium metal battery description
- 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 (comes with one)
- Money well spent
- It’s from a reputable company.
- Hundreds of thousands of devices are supported.
- Because it is Alexa enabled, it is ideal for smart homes.
- It has a cloud backdrop.
- Local control of the interface is not possible.
- Device integration is a challenge.
#5 – Best App & Hub: BroadLink RM4 Mini IR
This BroadLink jewel is the last on my list of the finest universal remotes for Verizon Fios. It isn’t, however, a remote at all. Rather, it’s a hub and software that interacts with more than 50,000 infrared-enabled gadgets. It can control any device, including televisions, set-top boxes, and DVD players. And since Broadlink’s database is updated on a regular basis, any newer gadgets you purchase today or tomorrow will be compatible as well.
The app features a well-designed UI for setting and managing your devices, and it functions similarly to a real universal remote. This enables it to work with both iOS and Android phones, transforming them into powerful IR emitters.
You may use this to manage your cable TV, as well as your home theater and smart home gadgets, since Verizon set-top boxes are supported.
It’s Alexa compatible, so voice commands are practically in your pocket. The remote is also Google Home compatible, so you can use it with that assistant instead of Alexa if you want.
21 Best Universal Remote Apps (Related)
- TV, AC, STB, fan, video recorder, DVD, and other compatible devices
- Infrared connectivity
- No battery is needed.
- 8 meter maximum range
- Environmental/Climate Monitoring: Includes innovative new features such as an external temperature and humidity sensor.
- A one-year warranty is included.
- Technical assistance is available. 7 days a week
- If you have any doubts, there are plenty of video tutorials on YouTube.
- For app setup, only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi is supported, not 5 GHz Wi-Fi.
- A USB cable must be purchased separately.
BroadLink RM4 Mini IR Universal Remote Control, Smart Home Automation Wi-Fi Infrared Blaster for TV Air Conditioner STB Audio, BroadLink RM4 Mini IR Universal Remote Control, BroadLink RM4 Mini IR Universal Remote Control, BroadLink RM4 Mini IR Universal Remote Control, BroadLink Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT are all compatible.
- HIGH COMPATIBILITY – Compatible with over 50,000 IR-controlled devices, including televisions, set-top boxes, air conditioners, fans, video recorders, DVD players, and more. The supported devices library in the cloud is updated on a regular basis, ensuring that your RM4 mini is always compatible with newer gadgets. If some cloud data is inaccessible, you may program your gadgets and learn buttons.
- NEW BROADLINK APP CONTROL – BroadLink, a new app, is now available on the App Store and on Google Play. In terms of setup and scene creation, the new app outperforms IHC. Furthermore, if your Android phone has an IR emitter, you may use it to control your IR devices from the BroadLink App as a trial before purchasing our product. Note: To setup in the App, the RM4 mini only supports 2.4 GHz (NOT 5 GHz) Wi-Fi.
- Speech CONTROL AND IFTTT – Alexa compatible for voice control of your TV, STB, Air Conditioner, and Fans, and Google Home compatible for voice control of your Air Conditioner. Make sure the gadgets can be managed remotely via the internet. Enable the BroadLink skill/service in Amazon Alexa/Google Home/IFTTT Apps, connect your account, and find devices.
Over To You: The Best Universal Remotes for Verizon Fios
So, what are your thoughts on my top choices for Verizon Fios universal remotes?
Is there a remote that you can use to combine several remote controls into one?
Would you rather use a physical remote than an app? I know I do, but many others like the ease of being able to operate their home theater from their phones.
What do you think of the beautiful color screen on the MMX remote? If you get that one, you’ll undoubtedly be the envy of your friends at your next movie night.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. I’d be delighted to hear from you.
The best Universal Remote is not just one remote. If you are looking to buy a new universal remote, you need to find the best universal remote that works for you. To determine the best universal remote, we look at a variety of factors including price, features, ease of use, and value.. Read more about logitech harmony elite and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a universal remote with FIOS?
Yes, you can use a universal remote with FIOS.
Which is the best universal remote control?
The best universal remote control is the Logitech Harmony.
Is there a remote that controls everything?
No, there is not a remote that controls everything.